Sunday 23 October 2011

I need some good night sleep!


It’s 10 P.M and I am sitting on my bed in my old mauve raw-silk pajamas with my legs stretched out in front of me, laptop carefully placed over my knees, Domino’s take away on my side, Notting Hill playing on T.V and blank mind. It’s been three hours and I have tried every single thing to relax my mind and hammer out few thousand words for those two bloody blog entries but nothing is happening, nothing is coming to my mind. When I came home after office earlier this evening, I threw my stuff on the sofa and walked straight to the bathroom, kicked out my shoes and jumped for the hot-water bath, then I made myself some coffee, slumped back on the sofa, placed the laptop on the table in front of me, switched it on and before it could show sparkling gold Louboutins wallpaper on the screen, I slept.
It was five past nine when the shrill voice of my blackberry brought me back to the life. Without looking at the screen I flipped open the phone. It was Vikrant. VIKRANT!!

“Hey” I scrabbled in sitting position.
“Hi. I hope I am not disturbing you.” He said in his usual husky voice.

“No. No. Not at all. I was ..er…just sleeping.” When the hell I slept?

“Sleeping? At 9 on the Monday night? Is everything fine?” He asked.

“Yeah! Everything is fab” shit! “I was just bit exhausted so thought of catching up on some sleep” I retort. No. Noooooooo. How could I sleep when I was supposed to work?
“Oh. I got it.” He chuckled.

“So. What this call is all about?” I asked gingerly trying very hard not to sound rude. I mean I was little pissed because of my sleep-at-the-very-wrong-hour-of-the-very-wrong-day thing or may be after last Sunday when Priya canceled my date without telling me, I wasn’t expecting him to call.
“umm…..i was wondering if we could meet up tomorrow and grab some coffee? Of course after your office!” He agog. “Actually, My shoot for tomorrow has cancelled and I have plenty of time so I thought if we could meet up!”

What? After that day I wasn’t even sure that he would ever call me but here he didn’t only call but was asking me out. Again.
“Yes! We can meet. Definitely we can.” I sang.

“Ok. I will pick you up at 7 p.m from your office.”
“Deal.” I hung up and immediately dialed Domino’s.

 Now I have a date which means I can use it very well for my second blog post but what about the first? I am so damn sure that on our first coffee date Vikrant did most of the talking and it was all about his work. There was nothing romantic or erotic we talked so what the hell am I suppose to write for my first blog post? I don’t think anyone on the earth would want to know that how fabulously painful it could be to fly from one country to another country on a very short notice. Well, you know I think that I am stressing too much about this blog thing, may be if I give myself a comfortable and relaxed night tonight then I reckon I could write anything tomorrow with fresh mind. May be tomorrow when I woke up after good night sleep, I could write oodles for this blog. Yes, this is it. I am not going to stress anymore and now I am gonna close my lappy and going to watch Notting Hill and will leaf through latest issue of Vogue before I lull myself into good night sleep.


Signing off:

Girl in old pjs in big city!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment