Monday 14 November 2011

How could it happen??


After that horrendous evening next day I woke up around ten-ish and by now the seven coats of (gorgeous) M.A.C mascara which I applied last night in the office bathroom had melted down on my face, my hair was bird nest and my eyes were all puffy and I WAS LATE. Somehow I dragged myself out of the duvet and pushed myself towards the bathroom, stripping off the cloths; I turn the shower on and let the hot water ran through my exhausted body. My mind was blank but my eyes were filled with disgustingly salty liquid. After last night I didn’t know what to think, whom to talk or even where to put myself after making utter fool out of myself.  Turning the shower off, I stepped out of the bathroom cubicle, padded towards my wardrobe and changed into yellow frilly frock which I bought few months back while strolling on the fashion street but never dared to wear. It was frilly, way too frilly. But today who cares, today I was feeling horrible and now I was looking one.
I reached office at ten past eleven A.M and walked straight to the Natasha’s cabin; let myself count to three before knocking on the slightly ajar door.

“Yeah! Come in” Natasha’s shrill voice came from the other side of the door.

“Hey. Morning” I managed to display a faint smile as I stepped in.

“Morn…eww….. What do you think where are you? In a park for a picnic?” her eyebrows were woven together and she was looking at me closely with narrow eyes from head to toe and everything in between.

“I don’t know what you are talking about” I said blankly.

“What with this frock, those havains and that hair band? Do you have even a vaguest of idea that we are in office and we are trying to work here? I will be happy if you stop behaving and dressing up like sixteen years old and seriously do some work” She growled, her eyes over her Gandhi spectacles were piercing through my body.

“Work is what I come to talk about” I was trying very hard not to look in her eyes because I knew the moment I would look up I won’t be able to tell even my own name.
“Really? What is it?” her face softened and I could see her invisible fangs going back in her mouth.

“Natasha, I can’t do this blog thing. I know you are thinking that I am not responsible enough to even take my job seriously but trust me it is not true. I tried very hard to get this blog done until the last night when I came across the fact that the guy I was dating for the sake of this job just considers me a rebound. I can’t do it anymore. I can’t meet him again.” I explained everything in one go, successfully avoiding her gaze and even when I was saying those words I could feel lump in my dry throat.

“Who do you think am I?” she shrieked and I could feel anger rising in her voice.

“Sorry!” I croak.

“I knew from the very first day I knew that whoever this guys you were talking about doesn’t even exist. You were making all this nonsense stories. That was the reason why you didn’t hand me down the entries. And now when you had to give me some solid write ups, you have failed to work out and now you are giving me this stupid excuse…” She was shooting me daggers.

“But Nats…..” I tried to defend but she did let me speak. “ You filthy bitch, if you had been so serious about your job, you would have found another man to date with, to save your job but no you are standing here looking like a nightmare, utter shame to this magazine and ranting in front of me” she screeched. What? How could she call me bitch? How could she even think that I was not serious about my job? The job for which I lied to my parents, the job for which I am staying in this big city all alone instead of the fact that I am scared to sleep in the dark and I just can’t cook a decent meal for myself not even for once or I don’t even have enough friends to talk to. She couldn’t be fucking serious.

“Natasha you are taking it completely in a wrong directing. I love my job and I am damn serious about it” I howled.

“I wish, I just wish the later could be true but whatever…. I can’t let the people like you stay in this magazine given when we are seriously thinking about restructuring and taking this magazine to the whole new and much higher level!” she said in a dangerously calm voice.

“Wha…What… What do you mean by that?” I certainly would have heard it wrong. It couldn’t happen.

“Adhaya! You have been a big disappointment to me and to this magazine. I can’t let things run like this in here. I am sorry but you have to go. You are fired.” She said.

“What?”

“Go and gather your stuff and then you are free to walk out”

“Natasha you can’t do it”

“It’s done. Goodbye!”


Signing off:

Once again girl in the tears in the big city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment