Saturday 6 August 2011

Would it work?


“What will you do without me?” sitting on the floor in the Priya’s living room I grab fist-full of popcorns from the huge plastic tub and thrust them in my mouth, all at once.
“Shut up! You can’t be serious. You can’t go back” Priya snap and pass me the sixth cup of coffee in last two hours.

“Priya. No one is gonna date me. No one ever did. AND trust me when I will tell that bitch that I can’t do this she would kick me out of the office and then I won’t have any job to earn my income and no money to pay my rent so eventually I will have to go back home. You can’t change the truth darling” I sob.
“Oh come on! That’s bullshit. We will find someone, just keep the spirit up” Priya says while turning the pages of Vogue bridal issue. She is not taking me seriously. She always does that. I mean why she can’t understand that I am the most un-datable girl ever born on the earth. Is it that difficult to understand?   

“How? Where? When?” I screech.
“ummmm……actually I have someone in my mind who would be apt for this job” she states and looks up at me with her big mischievous eyes.

“Really?? Whooooooo???” I ask curiously.
“Vikrant!” she retort.

“Vikrant? Oh please!”

“What was that?” she asks visibly taken aback by my reaction.
“I mean I barely know him and he is not here as well. How will I date him?  Do you expect me to walk to him and beg him to date me for the sake of my job?” I asked haughtily.

“Wow! That’s not a bad idea” she grins. “But how about calling him and fixing up a casual coffee meeting as soon as he returns from Goa?”
“Would it work?” I ask dubiously, narrowing my eyes to read her face.

“It should.” She says. She hauls the phone out of her jeans pocket “let’s call him” and speed dialed his number.
“You have his number?” I ask with not-very-impressed look.

“What do you think who am I darling?” she winks at me and thrust the phone in my hand. He picks up the phone on the third ring and from his voice I can tell that he was sleeping. I mean it was 11:30 P.M and I expect him to be in some hip party not in his bed alone or with someone. Dmanit!
We talk for some half-an-hour but not about anything particular or important and all I gatherer is that he is back in the city. It take me hell lot of guts and efforts to ask him out for a coffee and not sounds desperate both at the same time and much to my surprise he agrees to meet me at Café Basilico tomorrow after the office.

Ohmygod! I wish everything goes the way I want and I pray god to give me enough attitude just for a day so that I can drive him crazy after me, not on me.

 Signing off:
Girl on mission in the big city!!








No comments:

Post a Comment