Saturday 27 August 2011

Find-a-date-to-save-the-job


Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Oh gosh!
He is the most gorgeous man I have ever met in my life. It’s only ten minutes since I came back from our coffee date and I am already missing being with him. Earlier this evening when I walked in the café, I spotted him in the sofa reading TOI by the huge picturesque window which was exhibiting the beautiful scene of a tiny garden of café Basilico.

“Hey!” I chirped as I set in the vacant sofa chair.

“Hey sweetheart! It’s nice to see you!” he beamed a beautiful smile and for the first time I noticed that when he smiles his green eyes twinkle. He was looking heart-shattering in bottle green shirt which was the exact shade of his eyes and rugged denim. For a second I was blinded by his smile and failed to realize that I was holding his gaze longer than I ever should, ever and when I realized I quickly looked away at the garden outside the window.
“How are you?” I brought myself to speak after that tiny embarrassed second.

“That you can tell better” He winked. What? Was he flirting with me? I guess yes. But why I was blushing?
“You look good” I said.

“Thank you. Well even you are looking …..mm……tensed?” He narrowed his eyes as if he was trying to read my mind, my thoughts. Oh Gosh!

Shit! This whole mission of find-a-date-to-save-the-job was definitely taking the toll on me. ‘Relax. You are fine. You will get him’ I chanted to myself, for some hundred times.

“I wanna ask you something. Would you be honest?” He looked directly into my eyes and I could feel his eyes boring in to my soul.
“errr…..yeah! Go ahead.” I said gingerly.

“Why are we here?” His gaze were holding mine tighter than ever.
“For coffee” I said mustering my casual tone.

“Only for coffee? I mean I thought you didn’t like me much!” He said and I swear the crease on his forehead made him more vulnerable. Ok. I hadn’t thought about this part. Of course I didn’t like him that much. I mean I like him but it’s different from like like.
“Umm…. Actually I found you pretty interesting and since I don’t have many friends in this city, I thought how much it could harm to make a new friend” I lied graciously.

“Ok. Great” he shifted in his chair but his gaze were still fixed on me. He was smiling but I was sure that he didn’t buy any of my words.
After telling him how and why I landed up in this city and listening to his side of story, how he has to visit different countries every now and then because of the nature of his job and how tiring and boring it could gets sometimes we called for a check. I reached in my bag for my share but he said “I will get it!”. This was the first time in my life when a guy had paid for my coffee. Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!

As we left the café, he walked to the parking and offered me a lift in his ROVER but I politely turned down the offer because I wasn’t sure how safe it would be to take a lift from a barely acquainted but fairly good looking guy. I waited for another five minutes, there were no taxis in the sight and when I gave up and decided to walk few miles, miraculously a shining black and yellow taxi appeared to be waiting on the other side of the road , so I rushed and jumped in it before driver could even blink. Suddenly my phone vibrated in my hand. It was message from Vikrant:

                           Dinner? Saturday?

Yeppppppiiiiiiiiiii…. I am so proud of myself because my first date is such a huge success!

 Signing off:
Ecstatic girl in the beautiful big city!!






No comments:

Post a Comment