Sunday 24 June 2012

Finally got 'the' call !!!


Yesterday was the best day of my life!!!! It was just past 9A.M and I was sleeping blissfully unaware of how beautiful and rainy outside the window was when suddenly my phone buzzed to the life and jolted me out of the sleep. Mumbling and grumbling I got hold of my blackberry from the night stand and jabbed the green button without bothering to open my eyes.
"Hello?”

"Hmmmmm….”

“Am I talking to..er… Aadhya Oberoi?” a posh voice came from the other side.
“Yes!” Okay. So this is not a call from some telemarketing weirdo because no one absolutely no one had ever called me by my full name. That too in such a posh voice. Quickly I scrambled in the sitting position.

“This is Maria Janes calling from Glamour!” and my mouth hung open in a very unattractive way.
“Morning!” was all I could manage to croak.

“Morning” she beamed. “I was wondering can you drop by the Glamour’s office so that we could talk about your salary and most importantly the joining date”?
“Yeah sure! Shall I see you in an hour?”

“Actually I am going to fly out of the city in couple of hours. I shall see you day after tomorrow, Monday that is”.
“Of Course. So Monday it is!”

“Purrrrrrrfect!” she said and the phone went dead. I flipped the phone on the night stand and plopped down on the pillow. I was wondering did I just dream or did it really happen? Was it actually the call? Am I actually employed? When I was going through my wondering process I drifted back to the sleep and then it was only at 11:37 A.M when I finally woke up, rewind the call in my mind and realized that I didn’t dream.


After that call yesterday, I was in my best mood and spent rest of the day in my Pjs and in cleaning the apartment, vacuuming the sofa, stacking the glossies, preparing the grocery list and watching back to back best of Hollywood classics with chardonnay by my side.

Today is yet another beautiful day. It’s still raining outside and clouds are still dark. I am sitting in the wicker chair by the window of my apartment, tucking in my scrumptious Sunday breakfast of French toasts and reading the online New York Times (okay I am not all that smart, I just read fashion column or browse through the travel column to read about all the exotic places which I would probably never visit).    

Signing off:
Girl in the big city!!





                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment